SkiStar AB, the leading ski resort operator in Scandinavia, will be the Presenting Sponsor of the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships 2019. The agreement was negotiated between SkiStar and Infront, a Wanda Sports company and the International Ski Federation’s (FIS) exclusive media and marketing partner for the event.
– We are both proud and pleased to welcome SkiStar onboard as the Presenting Sponsor of Åre 2019. We’re already working closely with them, especially on the slopes and in resort operations. Thanks to SkiStar’s excellent communication channels, their sponsoring engagement will create substantial synergies in marketing and promotion of the Championships and for the sport of skiing: a win-win since SkiStar wants to have more people skiing and we are all about “inspiring the world to ski,” commented Niklas Carlsson, CEO of Åre 2019, who added:
– SkiStar’s new position as Presenting Sponsor includes the role as the event’s official clothing supplier, which also provides the Local Organizing Committee access to their existing network of suppliers and further broadens our cooperation.
– We at SkiStar see this presenting sponsorship as the perfect platform to attract more international guests to our destinations, said Mathias Lindström, Head of Sales and Marketing at SkiStar AB who continued:
– Our focus is to deliver our guests an excellent overall experience. By being an integral part of the biggest event in Sweden in 2019, we can offer them with an exciting new dimension to their ski experience.
– SkiStar is well-known as a pioneer in the international ski resort business and we applaud them for setting another example in the winter sport industry by becoming the Presenting Sponsor of Åre 2019. The collaboration with SkiStar, the market leader in Scandinavia, during the last four years preparing for the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in 2019 has been first class and this additional role will certainly contribute in a highly effective way to fully exploit the event for the benefit of international skiing, noted Sarah Lewis, Secretary General of FIS.
– We are excited to have SkiStar join Åre 2019 as the Presenting Sponsor. Their engagement with the biennial flagship event in Alpine Skiing guarantees SkiStar significant exposure at the championships and internationally: The FIS Alpine World Ski Championships 2019 will be broadcast worldwide to more than 180 countries and territories, stated Bruno Marty, Executive Director of Winter Sports at Infront.